Secondary School Planning Guide
About This Guide
Planning for secondary school is an exciting process and we are eager to work with you to make the process as smooth and successful as possible. We invite you to enlist us as your active partners in finding the right secondary school for your child. The more we know about your thoughts and plans, the better we can serve you. Foote School has a successful track record of enrolling students in a variety of schools, and our students are well prepared for their high school experiences.
This guide provides important dates and information to assist you in the secondary schools admissions process. The most important first step is to set up a meeting with our Secondary School Placement Coordinator, Liam Considine, to begin a conversation. To schedule an appointment, email Erika Villa at email@example.com.
We look forward to partnering with you on this exciting journey!
- Register for SSAT and/or ISEE (if applicable; see individual school requirements)
- Schedule appointments at schools (see individual school admission pages for specific live-versus-remote arrangements.)
- Arrange for testing at religious schools (if applicable)
- Magnet School application processes usually roll out in late January / early February.
Late Spring/Early Summer
- Meet with Mr. Considine to begin discussion about schools
Before they depart Foote, ninth graders complete a final art project: an oil painting in the style of an Impressionist painter they have studied.